Monday, March 16, 2015

Post concert ...

I can't believe it's now past. It's been a slow build up, a steady march towards performance, climax of the performance itself, and now the winding down which includes a bit of afterglow.

I'm most thankful that I got to experience orchestral playing--hopefully not for the last time! It's totally awesome and I can't imagine a more satisfying instrument with which to participate. When the full orchestra is playing its fortes and double fortes with gusto and excitement, the sensation of feeling the vibrations of my cello join the vibrations of all the other player's instruments is thrilling and exhilarating. Oh wow, it's fulfilling! And of course, such masterpieces of music.

I think the performance went reasonably well, pretty much in line with our last rehearsal. The prolonged and very slow second movement of the Beethoven was a big challenge, but it hung together--maybe by a thread here and there--but nothing catastrophic. For myself, I managed most of the Schubert as written but hopped down to the bass part in some of the quick-paced passages of the Beethoven. The bass part often being a bit easier. I'm pleased with my progress in this endeavor. It was a very positive experience and I'm looking forward to the next. Wish I could do it full-time. Oooh, wouldn't that be lovely? Just practice all the time! :)

There was a video made, I don't know if I'll have access to it but if I do, I'll share a few moments here.

Here we are towards the end of intermission, getting braced for the Beethoven. (As always, click to enlarge)



No comments:

Post a Comment